- 4. General Zaragoza died just months after his historic triumph from _______________.
- 8. Who was forced to default on his country's debts to European countries?
- 9. The ruler of France, ______, refused to withdraw troops.
- 11. The French and Mexican forces fought in the town of _____.
- 12. Modern celebrations of cinco de mayo include parades, festivals, and this, which is a popular type of band
- 1. Mexico's Independence Day is actually celebrated on ___________ 16th.
- 2. In what skirmish did the Mexican army defeat the French forces?
- 3. In English, what does Cinco de mayo mean?
- 5. In the U.S. cinco de mayo is considered a celebration of Mexican culture and _____.
- 6. Many people mistakenly believe that cinco de mayo is Mexico's ________ Day.
- 7. Mexican General Ignacio ____________ was actually born in Texas.
- 10. French troops stormed the Mexican state called ________.
- 12. Cinco de mayo is a relatively insignificant holiday in _________.
- 13. In Mexico, cinco de mayo is not a federal __________, so stores and banks remain open.