Equine Nutrition - The Basics
- 6. The scientific name for fats.
- 7. amino acids are the structural components for which nutrient?
- 9. Glucose is an example of which structural simple sugar?
- 10. The daily allocation of feed
- 12. Energy supplied in feed is measured in which unit?
- 13. The V in VFA is the abbreviation for what word?
- 14. Selenium and vitamin E work together to scavenge free radicals. They are a good source of what?
- 1. Calcium is an example of what?
- 2. sweating resulting in a loss of water and electrolytes leads to what?
- 3. The mineral that maintains the acid-base balance outside the cells and regulates osmosis.
- 4. A phosphorus deficiency may cause what bone disease in young horses?
- 5. The digestive process which takes place in the hindgut of the horse.
- 8. An Iodine deficiency causes this growth in young horses.
- 11. The source of fibre found in plant walls which cannot be digested by the horse.