- 1. A ____________________ was held in 1962 and the people chose to support merger.
- 4. However, some PAP members did not agree to the merger and split away from PAP, formed ___________ Front.
- 7. With the merger, Singapore hope that a _________ market could be established so that goods would not be taxed. Trade will also increase, leading to growth in manufacturing industries in Singapore.
- 8. Tunku did not want merger at first because it will upset the ____________ balance of power with one million Chinese in Singapore.
- 10. The KL government believed in 'Malay Malaysia' but Singapore wanted racial equality, believed in _______________ Malaysia.
- 2. Singapore could hold elections to elect its own state government. It would have control over _________________ and labour in Singapore.
- 3. The British felt that it was ideal for Malaya to merge with Singapore as Malaya was hard on __________ during Emergency.
- 5. One of the key disagreement that even indirectly caused racial riots in Singapore was the ____________________ enjoyed by Malays.
- 6. One of the reasons that led to separation was disagreement regarding ______________. Singapore's contribution was to increase from 40% to 60%, reducing its funds available to run the state.
- 9. Singapore was facing high unemployment and declining entrepot trade in the 1950D. Thus, if merger were to take place, Malaya would be able to provide Singapore with raw _____________ for its manufacturing industries.