Amendments to the U.S. Constitution
- 2. The 24th amendment abolished poll _____.
- 4. Ratified in 1868, granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the U.S.—including former enslaved people
- 6. Freed all slaves and indentured servants throughout the United States
- 9. Determined the beginning and end date of presidential terms and Congressional sessions
- 10. The right to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex
- 12. Promises the right to a jury trial for civil cases that involve property worth more than $20
- 1. Guarantees that people accused of a crime receive fair and accurate criminal proceedings
- 3. Prevents the government from imposing cruel and unusual punishment on criminal defendants
- 4. Prevents the government or police from searching or seizing the homes, belongings, or bodies of citizens without probable cause or a warrant
- 5. Gives Congress the power to collect income tax
- 7. Establishes that people have additional rights, even if they are not included in the US Constitution
- 8. Guarantees that voting rights cannot be denied based on race
- 11. The 27th amendment lowered the voting age to __________.