2. In ceramics it is used to describe a thin coating of minerals which produces a glassy transparent or colored coating on bisque ware. Typically applied either by brushing, dipping, or spraying, it is fixed by firing the bisque ware in a kiln. This makes the surface smooth, shiny, and waterproof.
5. line that describe the edges of an object. No shading.
6. A mark with length and direction(-s). An element of art which refers to the continuous mark made on some surface by a moving point.
9. materials used to make a work or art.
10. The empty space in a work of art, a void.
11. Art made by people who have had little or no formal schooling in art. Usually make works of art with traditional techniques and content, in styles handed down through many generations, and often of a particular region.
12. To join two pieces of clay together it is best to…
14. art that depicts a recognizable image of a subject that it is highly recognizable: the opposite of abstraction or non-objective art.
18. repetition of any thing — shapes, lines, or colors — also called a motif, in a design; as such it is one of the principles of design.
20. the lightness or darkness of a color.
21. movement how the eye travels around a work of art.
22. _________ texture that is suggested by an artist in a painting or drawing the painting of different areas of a picture — often in representing hair or fur, metals, rocks, etc.
25. to evaluate an artwork
26. balance The parts of an image or object organized so that one side duplicates, or mirrors, the other.
28. _________ matter: the concept and idea a work of art is based on
29. an enclosed space defined and determined by other art elements such as line, color.
1. An element of art, is the surface quality or "feel" of an object
2. shapes are any shape having more math and geometry than organic design.
3. the point of emphasis in a work of art.
4. shapes are based on nature and often considered free form or irregular such as a jelly bean or ameba like shape.
7. the building blocks of art such as line, color, texure, etc… which visual art is made of.
8. A way of combining elements of art so that the same elements are used over and over again. Thus, a certain color or shape might be used several times in the same picture. Also can contribute to movement and rhythm in a work of art.
13. occupied and filled with something such as lines, shapes, designs.
15. A pottery technique in which a form is built up by joining shapes cut from thick sheets of damp clay.
16. art that has no recognizable things in it except the Elements of Art.
17. The edge of a shape or form or a dotted path
19. the lightness or darkness and is an element of art.
23. is something that has actual height, width and depth (three–dimensional) such as a sculpture. Also is an element of art.
24. recognizable objects are distorted, fragmented or simplified in the artwork
27. _________ texture can be felt with the fingers