- 3. The weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.
- 6. The action of clearing a wide area of trees.
- 7. Changes in the pathway of the Earth around the Sun.
- 8. The period of geological time from about 2.6 million years ago to the present. It is characterized by the appearance and development of humans and includes the Pleistocene and Holocene Epochs.
- 1. The day to day condition of the atmosphere.
- 2. A long-term change in the earth's climate, especially a change due to an increase in the average atmospheric temperature.
- 4. A gas that contributes to the greenhouse effect by absorbing infrared radiation.
- 5. A natural fuel such as coal or gas, formed in the geological past from the remains of living organisms.