Coasts - Coastal Processes
- 2. The zig-zag movement of material along the coast by waves.
- 4. The processes of material being moved by the sea.
- 9. The force of water hitting cliffs, forcing water into cracks in the bedrock.
- 11. The coastal process that transports dissolved material.
- 12. The erosional process involving acidic water dissolving rocks such as chalk and limestone.
- 1. The process of material being dropped by the sea.
- 3. The coastal process that transports material by rolling it along the sea bed.
- 5. Also known as the sand paper effect, this process involves material being carried by waves wearing away cliffs.
- 6. The coastal process that transports material within the water.
- 7. The coastal process that transports material by bouncing it along the sea bed.
- 8. The wearing away of the coastline by the sea.
- 10. This process of erosion involves material bumping into each other, causing it to become smaller, smoother and more rounded.