Crossword 1: Capital cities of the world
- 2. What is the title of the biggest selling Christmas song in the world?
- 4. Who wrote 'A Christmas Carol'?
- 5. What was Frosty the Snowman’s nose made from?
- 10. What Christmas table item was invented by Tom Smith in the 1800s?
- 11. Which country traditionally eats KFC on Christmas Day?
- 14. What country did eggnog originally come from?
- 16. Originating in Nordic mythology, what is the name of the beast said to scare naughty children at Christmas?
- 17. Which company changed the colour of Santa's suit to red?
- 18. How do you say ‘Merry Christmas’ in Spanish?
- 20. Who wrote ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’?
- 1. What is the shortest day of the year called?
- 3. Which famous scientist was born on Christmas Day in 1642?
- 6. In which 2004 Christmas film does Tom Hanks voice Santa?
- 7. Solve the Christmas-themed anagram 'help or not'
- 8. What country was St Nicholas born in?
- 9. Which city does Die Hard take place in?
- 12. Since 1947, which country has donated a Christmas Tree for Trafalgar Square every year?
- 13. Who famously said ‘God bless us, every one!’?
- 15. Which country first started the tradition of putting up a tree?
- 19. Who is the first reindeer named in the poem ‘'Twas the night before Christmas' by Clement Moore?