Crossword A (toxico and epigenetic)
- 3. any adverse effect of substances to the immune system.
- 4. region of the brain that controls motor function and plays a role in sensory perception.
- 7. the property of substances to induce genetic mutations.
- 9. a substance able to cause fetal abnormalities during pregnancy.
- 10. a nucleic acid present in all living cells that has similarities to DNA.
- 1. a protein found on epithelial cells and an important component of the intermediate filaments.
- 2. the process by which a non-toxic chemical enhances the harmful effect of a another one when the two are combined together.
- 5. changes that affect gene expression without altering your DNA sequence.
- 6. cell organelles that generate most of the cells’ energy through biochemical reactions.
- 8. a method of determining the concentration, activity, or effect of a change to substance by testing its effect on a living organism and comparing this with the activity of an agreed standard