- 1. update to an operating system to repair an bug or vulnerability
- 5. tool installed to give an attacker easier access to the compromised system
- 6. Electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings.
- 7. generic term for a number of different types of malicious code.
- 9. User acting with malicious intent to compromise a system
- 10. term to describe connecting multiple separate networks together.
- 2. use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system
- 3. program that can retrieve and display information from servers on the World Wide Web
- 4. Malware that locks/encrypts computers
- 8. e-mails that try to trick a user into entering valid credentials at a fake website