- 2. A set of software tools used by an attacker to hide the actions or presence of other types of malicious software.
- 3. A copy of files from a computer's hard drive saved on other digital media that is stored in a secure location.
- 6. A malicious program designed to enter a computer via a network to take advantage of a vulnerability in an application or an operating system.
- 8. An executable program that is advertised as performing one activity but which actually performs a malicious activity.
- 10. An attacker who controls a botnet.
- 13. Software that enters a computer system without the user's knowledge or consent and then performs an unwanted and usually harmful action.
- 14. Software that examines a computer for any infections as well as monitors computer activity and scans new documents that might contain a virus.
- 15. Software that helps prevent computers from becoming infected by different types of spyware.
- 16. Software or a hardware device that captures and stores each keystroke that a user types on the computer's keyboard.
- 17. A logical computer network of zombies under the control of an attacker.
- 18. An infected computer that is under the remote control of an attacker.
- 19. A publicly released software security update intended to repair a vulnerability.
- 1. Software code that gives access to a program or a service that circumvents normal security protections.
- 2. Malware that prevents a user's device from properly operating until a fee is paid.
- 4. A software program that delivers advertising content in a manner that is unexpected and unwanted by the user.
- 5. Enhancements to the software to provide new or expanded functionality, but do not address security vulnerability.
- 7. Hardware or software designed to limit the spread of malware.
- 9. Computer code that lies dormant until it is triggered by a specific logical event.
- 11. A general term used to describe software that spies on users by gathering information without consent.
- 12. Software that is a cumulative package of all patches and feature updates.