- 1. Short for malicious software
- 3. A conversion of something (such as data) into a code or cipher.
- 10. measures taken to protect computer systems.
- 12. Text files with small pieces of data used to identify a computer.
- 13. Similar to a password but much longer.
- 17. The fraudulent practice of sending text messages pretending to be from reputable companies
- 18. Legitimate or innocent-looking emails asking you to respond with personal data or to click on a link.
- 21. False or inaccurate information,
- 22. An acronym for Pause, Ask, Think.
- 23. Type of data that should be protected from public view.
- 2. Convert data from one system of communication into another.
- 4. The enciphering and deciphering of messages in secret code or cipher.
- 5. Refers to the range of activities that determine how we manage digital data.
- 6. Type of data that is recorded publicly and can be found as part of public record.
- 7. Software that encrypts data on someone's device until that person agrees to pay to regain access.
- 8. Open to attack or damage.
- 9. Software written to damage a computer’s performance, steal or alter data.
- 11. Pieces of data left behind when a person moves around on the internet.
- 14. A social identity established by an internet user.
- 15. Someone disguises an email address, sender name, phone number, or website URL to convince you that you are interacting with a trusted source.
- 16. abbreviation for personal identifiable information
- 19. To engage in activity online that could result in something bad or unpleasant.
- 20. Large data sets analyzed to reveal patterns