- 3. A candelabra with nine lights used in Jewish worship
- 4. Author of "A Christmas Carol"
- 7. The first weekday after Christmas
- 10. The shortest day of the year
- 12. Candle holder with seven spaces used in celebrating Kwanzaa
- 13. "Yule book flood" tradition celebrated in Iceland
- 1. Potato pancakes traditionally eaten with applesauce and sour cream
- 2. A rich cake containing nuts, dried or candied fruits, and spices
- 5. "Unity" in the celebration of Kwanzaa
- 6. A drink consisting of eggs beaten with sugar, milk or cream, and often alcoholic liquor
- 8. Character in Dr. Seuss's Christmas classic
- 9. An inn in Spanish-speaking countries
- 11. Swahili word that means "first"