Divine Influence: Tracing the Role of Religion in Shaping World History
- 5. a solid foundation or basis of a structure or argument.
- 6. a system of government in which priests rule in the name of God or a god.
- 8. come together to form one mass or whole.
- 9. a record of events year by year.
- 11. liable to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse.
- 14. a light or signal that guides or gives warning.
- 16. something that precipitates a process or event.
- 18. impossible to deny or disprove.
- 19. a group of people sharing a common profession or interests.
- 20. a series of religious wars sanctioned by the Latin Church in the medieval period.
- 1. a complex or rich work of art or piece.
- 2. a 16th-century movement for the reform of abuses in the Roman Catholic Church, ending in the establishment of Protestant churches.
- 3. the act of setting someone free from imprisonment, slavery, or oppression.
- 4. evoking a keen sense of sadness or regret.
- 7. the characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community.
- 10. denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
- 12. a person who brings about or initiates something.
- 13. a complex structure or system built up over time.
- 15. a person or thing that signals the approach of another.
- 17. a connection or series of connections linking two or more things.