- 4. This common tree's scientific name is Quercus virginiana.
- 6. Bird that feeds almost exclusively on apple snails.
- 8. The calcium carbonate baserock of Florida.
- 10. The largest owl in Florida, claims/steals hawk nests.
- 13. The Florida ___ ___, a bird endemic to FL's oak scrub.
- 14. Term for a bird of prey (i.e. hawk, owl, falcon, kite).
- 15. Term for coastal forest on higher ground than dune areas.
- 1. Endangered woodpecker, bores cavities in live pines.
- 2. A wetland dominated by woody material/trees.
- 3. Trees that lose leaves at end of each growing season.
- 5. Most fire-resistant pine in FL with longest needles.
- 7. A wetland dominated by non-woody material/ grasses.
- 9. Term for broadleaf trees (i.e. oak, maple, walnut).
- 11. Trees with persistent needles or leaves throughout year.
- 12. Florida's oldest and most endangered ecosystem.