Elephants Behind Bars
- 3. The health, happiness, and fortunes of a person or group.
- 7. The science of animal behavior.
- 9. Relating to the natural world and the impact of human activity on its condition.
- 11. Needing companionship and therefore best suited to living in communities.
- 13. A place of refuge or safety.
- 15. The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
- 1. The action of improving or enhancing the quality or value of something.
- 2. The way in which an animal or person acts in response to a particular situation or stimulus.
- 4. (of a species) seriously at risk of extinction.
- 5. A large mammal with a snout elongated into a trunk and two ivory tusks.
- 6. The act of preserving, guarding, or protecting.
- 8. The natural home or environment of an animal, plant, or other organism.
- 10. An establishment that maintains a collection of wild animals for study, conservation, or display to the public.
- 12. The condition of being imprisoned or confined.
- 14. A state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances.