English Plus Episode 675 Playing Your Cards Right | Word Power
- 1. If one thing is ______ to another, it is similar to it in some way.
- 3. If someone is ______ in something that they are doing, they are convinced that what they are doing is right and they refuse to change it or to give up.
- 5. If one person or thing ______ with another for something, the people or things compete for it.
- 7. If you ______ something mysterious or difficult to understand, you succeed in understanding it.
- 9. If you describe someone as ______, you mean that they are not cautious or experienced and are therefore likely to be harmed or deceived.
- 10. If something is ______, it is recent or new, and vague or not yet properly developed.
- 2. If you say that something leaves an ______ impression, you mean that it is very unlikely to be forgotten.
- 4. To be ______d means to be changed into something great or beautiful.
- 6. ______ things are extremely clean or new.
- 8. A ______ is a factor that can change in quality, quantity, or size, which you have to take into account in a situation.