Fake News Red Flags
- 4. This social media website often shares misinformation solely in the form of a picture with embedded text.
- 6. Using a lot of these in writing can spin a story towards someone's opinion rather than quantitative facts.
- 8. Excluding this is a red flag that does not provide the reader with information on how to track the information.
- 9. This is used online to refer back to the source of information.
- 1. A type of article or story that is made up primarily of the author's thoughts and musings rather than fact. These types of articles on a legitimate news site would identify themselves as such.
- 2. A type of unbalanced reporting that only provides one side of the story.
- 3. Providing a lack of specificity as it relates to factual information.
- 5. A type of factual content added to news stories that provides data to support the information provided.
- 7. A misspelling or grammar mistake commonly found on fake news websites