- 2. The number of attempts a team has to make a first down.
- 5. The number of forwards in football.
- 6. For many, football has replaced this sport as the "National Pastime".
- 9. There is usually only one of these on the field for the offensive team.
- 10. American football is a combination of soccer and this sport.
- 12. This player has a jersey number lower than 19.
- 14. When a defensive player catches a pass.
- 15. 160 feet is the _______ of the football field.
- 17. There is a lot of this type of action in a football game.
- 18. What a team often does if it does not make the first down on the third attempt.
- 19. Kicking the ball over the crossbar for an extra point.
- 23. Length in yards of a football field.
- 1. Considered the most exciting position on the field.
- 3. He is the father of American Football.
- 4. There are usually two players on the field in this position.
- 7. One of the reasons for football's popularity.
- 8. When the center sends the ball to the quarterback.
- 9. Number of yards a team is penalized for a delay of game.
- 11. Football is called the _______ sport because of the field design.
- 13. Number of minutes played in a football game.
- 16. A type of football game that does not involve tackling.
- 20. One of the two associations for college football players.
- 21. After this quarter there is halftime break in the game.
- 22. The number of yards needed for a first down.