- 2. Snake Name of last Indian rebellion
- 4. Snake What northern tribes call the Keystone XL pipeline
- 6. Indian hostile western senator & chairman of Senate Indian Affairs committee
- 9. Federal policy of killing off Indian tribes
- 11. Initials of act governing welfare of Indian children
- 13. Name of first tribe U.S. negotiated a treaty
- 16. Rule S. Ct. fabricated rule that destroyed traditional Indian law
- 19. Most notorious anti-Indian S. Ct. justice
- 21. Initials of recent act conferring greater judicial authority upon tribal courts
- 22. Name of tribe whose members were allotted land but is considered non-federally recognized
- 24. Perce Name of last tribe with whom U.S. negotiated a treaty
- 25. The "number" of the so-called civilized tribes
- 1. Name of tribe almost entirely eradicated by small pox.
- 3. Name of infamous BIA Comm'r who launched anti-Indian policies in 1950
- 5. The Indian commissioner under FDR
- 7. State name of placed designated at the "Indian Territory"
- 8. Name of western reservation that was supposed to become an "Indian Territory"
- 10. Product of Dawes Act of 1887
- 11. Initials of act governing Indian gaming
- 12. U.S. policy of moving tribes great distances from homelands
- 14. Name of president who called BIA commissionership a "shitty little job"
- 15. First Indian tribe to file a claim in the former U.S. Ct. of Claims
- 17. The largest tribe in the U.S.
- 18. President who announced modern Indian self-determination policy
- 20. Name of senator who tried to cheat apaches out of land for personal benefit
- 23. Name of tribe that put heads on stakes to discourage intruders
- 26. Initials of Act curing "the wreckage of 100 years"