- 2. a deeply distressing or disturbing experience
- 4. apprehensive uneasiness or nervousness usually over an impending or anticipated ill
- 5. a source of perplexity, distress, or vexation
- 7. the quality of being unfrequented and remote; isolation.
- 8. an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
- 9. the quality or state of being aware : knowledge and understanding that something is happening or exists
- 10. pressure or tension exerted on a material object
- 14. the practice of being or tendency to be positive or optimistic in attitude.
- 17. (of psychiatric illness) characterized by both manic and depressive episodes, or manic ones only.
- 18. the state of being happy.
- 20. lack or loss of appetite for food (as a medical condition).
- 1. therapeutic medical treatment of impairment, injury, disease, or disorder
- 3. habitual sleeplessness; inability to sleep.
- 6. feelings of severe despondency and dejection.
- 11. a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others.
- 12. a mark of shame or discredit
- 13. the way in which one acts or conducts oneself, especially toward others
- 15. medical care given to a patient for an illness or injury.
- 16. the existence of an individual human being or animal
- 19. relating to society or its organization.