October Competition - Halloween Crossword
- 4. or Treat / On Halloween night children go round door to door knocking and saying this.
- 5. Houdini / Amercian magician and stuntman died on Halloween in 1926.
- 6. / Traditional name for broomstick.
- 9. Souls Day / In the Christian Calendar this day follows Halloween.
- 11. the Hunter / Famous ghost of Great Windsor Park who is most often seen riding through the grounds on Halloween.
- 12. / What do Pumpkins grow on, clue - it is not a stalk, tree or bush.
- 13. / Title given to a witch’s cat or toad.
- 17. Moon / Halloween 2020 will have this special lunar phase.
- 18. Cakes / Cakes baked on Halloween
- 19. / Traditional Scottish name for Halloween which is derived from Celtic God Samana.
- 22. Man / Fictional character or being meant to scare children.
- 1. / Country which celebrates the Day of the Dead.
- 2. O Lantern / Traditional name for a pumpkin with a face carved onto it and illuminated by a candle.
- 3. / City of the UK British isles which hosts the largest Halloween party in the world.
- 4. Witching Hour / Midnight is also referred to as.
- 5. House / The film Hocus Pocus was originally given this title.
- 6. Luck / If a black cat crosses your path on Halloween you will encounter.
- 7. / On Halloween you will receive Good Luck when you encounter this creature.
- 8. / Fear of Halloween
- 10. Weird Sisters / Three Witches from Shakespeare’s Macbeth were known as.
- 11. / Old English word meaning Saint.
- 14. Hallows Eve / Halloween is an abbreviation of this date in the Christian Calendar.
- 15. / Traditionally you would bob for this fruit on Halloween.
- 16. / Vegetable traditionally carved before pumpkins to make Jack O Lantern.
- 20. Christie / Author who wrote the mystery novel “Halloween Party”
- 21. Crossword Questions