Slave legacy in the Cape
- 3. This language developed from Dutch and the language spoken by the slaves.
- 4. This fraction of the population converted to Islam in the Cape by 1840.
- 6. Something that is left behind.
- 8. Sheik Yusuf cam from this place.
- 9. Many of the slaves brought from the East Indies practised this religion
- 1. Slaves had to learn this language because it was the language of their owners.
- 2. The institution where Muslims could study Islamic theology and religious law.
- 5. The name of a person who belongs to the Islamic religion.
- 7. Muslims wrote in this type of script.
- 8. This is an Islamic church.