- 2. these players are considered outside forwards and are positioned close to the sidelines.
- 6. the instance when a player kicks the ball to their teammate.
- 9. kick a kick awarded to a player for a foul committed by the opposition; the player kicks a stationary ball without any opposing players within 10 yards of them
- 11. the striking of a ball in the air by a player's head
- 12. when a player passes the ball in to a teammate using both hands over their head.
- 13. a "free kick" in which a goal can be scored directly. It was awarded after a serious foul is committed by opposition.
- 14. given to players who commit a serious foul and is ejected from the game
- 16. taken from the "penalty spot" and is awarded after a defender or goalie commit a foul inside of their own penalty area/box.
- 17. defensive players whose primary task is to prevent the opposing team from scoring
- 18. an attaching player must have 2 opposing players between them and the opposing goal when a pass is being played to them. If a player is past the last defender (not counting the goalie) then they are offsides.
- 19. offensive players that are positioned in front of the rest of the team and are responsible for playing offense and defense
- 21. guarding a player closely to prevent them from advancing the ball towards the goal or making a pass
- 1. also called a midfielder, these players are positioned behind the forwards and are responsible for playing defense and offense.
- 3. defender that stands directly in front of the goal and is the only player allowed to use their hands.
- 4. bringing the ball under control using the foot, chest, or head.
- 5. given to players as a warning for their behavior/foul. Once a player has two of these, they receive a red card.
- 7. a ball kicked or headed by a player towards the opponent's goal in an attempt to score.
- 8. advancing the ball with the feet while controlling it.
- 10. a "free kick" where a goal CANNOT be scored directly, it must be passed.
- 15. International Federation of Association Football
- 20. ball a foul that occurs when a player touches the ball with their hand or arm