Sweet wine crossword
- 5. The spirit used to stop fermentation and fortify the must to make Port.
- 6. What’s the name of the only Premier Cru Supérieur of Bordeaux sweet wines?
- 9. Sweetness level meaning 'late harvest' in the German Pradikatt pyramind.
- 11. The Southern Rhône AOC known for fortified Grenache.
- 12. The name of the red sparkling wine from Lombardy, usually sweet at entry level.
- 13. This white grape is widely used to make easy-drinking sweet wines in South Africa. What’s the name of the variety?
- 18. What’s the DOCG sweet fizzy wine from Piedmont featuring white flower aromas and low alcohol?
- 1. What is the French term used to define the fortified sweet wines made in Languedoc-Roussillon?
- 2. The name of the grape variety used to make the intensely sweet PX Sherry.
- 3. What’s the style of Valpolicella made by drying grapes on straw mats or bamboo racks?
- 4. What’s the key reason for Tawny Port, Oloroso Sherry and Madeira to turn brown and gain nutty, caramel and dried fruit-like flavours?
- 7. What’s the German term for unfermented grape must used as a sweetening component in wine?
- 8. What’s the special unit used to measure sugar levels of Tokaji Aszu?
- 10. Which region in Victoria of Australia is known for producing the rich, syrupy sweet wines?
- 14. The name of the Fungi responsible for creating the 'liquid gold' sweet wines from Bordeaux.
- 15. What is the large family of grapes known for their ‘grapey’ aromatic characteristics?
- 16. The thick-skinned hybrid grape variety widely used for making ice wines in Canada and northeast China.
- 17. What’s the key indicator used in German wines to measure the amount of sugar and determine the potential alcohol levels of the grape juice?