- 3. the support on a lever on which the lever arm rests and turns.
- 5. materials that easily disperse and expand to fill any space.
- 6. financing: raising money by borrowing money from a financial institution or private investors.
- 8. services.
- 9. people.
- 12. the stage of developing and operating systems for producing a product, structure, or
- 14. A simple machine that multiplies the force applied to it. It changes the direction of a linear
- 15. multiplier a simple machine that increases the amount of movement applied to the work
- 17. visible, fluid materials that will not normally hold their size and shape.
- 19. the raw, unorganized facts and figures collected by people and machines.
- 21. a person who conducts research and applies scientific and technological knowledge to the
- 22. people with very special talents who look beyond present practices and products and
- 23. the range of techniques used to produce most products and services today
- 1. people who financially support a technological system by spending money on products
- 2. an inclined plane wrapped around a shaft
- 4. a form of private ownership in which businesses are owned and operated by two or
- 7. artifacts humans use to expand their capabilities
- 10. hand.
- 11. materials that hold their size and shape and can support loads
- 13. businesses.
- 15. and development of products, structures, and systems.
- 16. structures erected to protect people, materials, and equipment from the outside
- 18. the limits on a design.
- 20. a device used to split and separate materials and to grip parts