The Historic Landmarks of London
- 3. with a wide view surrounding the observer; sweeping.
- 5. capable of attracting and holding interest; charming.
- 6. the visual appearance of a city or urban area.
- 7. a piece of thick textile fabric with pictures or designs formed by weaving colored weft threads or by embroidering on canvas, used as a wall hanging or furniture covering.
- 8. fill or be full to the point of overflowing.
- 12. cut or impressed into a surface.
- 13. representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class.
- 14. relating to the reign of Queen Victoria.
- 15. a store of valuable or delightful things.
- 16. impossible to subdue or defeat.
- 18. a place that has been fortified so as to protect it against attack.
- 19. serving as a symbol of a particular quality or concept; symbolic.
- 1. belonging to or redolent of the Dark Ages; portentously gloomy or horrifying.
- 2. impressive or magnificent in appearance or style.
- 3. relating to, enacted by, or suitable for a parliament.
- 4. splendor and impressiveness, especially of appearance or style.
- 9. great in importance, extent, or size.
- 10. a building, especially a large, imposing one.
- 11. the capital or chief city of a country or region.
- 17. an object surviving from an earlier time, especially one of historical interest.