The Modern Architecture of Dubai
- 5. A luxury hotel located in Dubai, known for its distinctive sail-shaped silhouette.
- 6. The technical and political process concerned with the development and use of land, protection and use of the environment, public welfare, and the design of the urban environment.
- 10. The outline of buildings, mountains, etc., against the sky; the view of these outlines from a distance.
- 11. The introduction of something new or different.
- 12. A tall, continuously habitable building of many stories, usually designed for office, commercial, and residential use.
- 14. Having or involving very modern technology or design.
- 15. The basic physical and organizational structures and facilities needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.
- 1. A style of architecture that emerged in the first half of the 20th century and became dominant after World War II, characterized by simplification of form and absence of ornamentation.
- 2. Able to be maintained or kept going, as an action or process, often in relation to environmental conservation.
- 3. A city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates known for luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture, and a lively nightlife scene.
- 4. A man-made archipelago in Dubai, in the shape of a palm tree, known for its luxurious hotels and residences.
- 7. The visual appearance of a city or urban area; a city landscape.
- 8. Recognizably symbolic, famous, or well-known.
- 9. A plan or drawing produced to show the look and function of a building or other object before it is built or made.
- 13. A skyscraper in Dubai that is the tallest structure and building in the world.