The science of sleep
- 3. Relating to the way in which a living organism's parts function.
- 7. A thick woven fabric, often with pictures or designs, used for wall hangings or soft furnishings.
- 9. A magical or medicinal potion.
- 11. Concerned with the act or process of knowing and perception.
- 13. Related to nerves or the nervous system.
- 14. An almond-shaped part of the brain involved in the processing of emotions.
- 15. A hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycles.
- 1. Changes or variations in circumstances or fortune, often unwelcome or unpleasant.
- 2. Absolutely necessary or essential.
- 4. Pertaining to the brain; intellectual.
- 5. Done or active during the night.
- 6. Relating to the roughly 24-hour cycle in the physiological processes of living beings.
- 8. To renovate or redecorate.
- 10. Relating to the pineal gland, a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain.
- 12. Rapid Eye Movement; a phase of sleep marked by vivid dreams and active brain activity.