- 5. the profession, activity, or skill of managing international relations, typically by a country's representatives abroad.
- 6. a person who has become rich through ruthless and unscrupulous business practices
- 8. a person advocating or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.
- 13. the policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants.
- 14. the protection or promotion of the interests of consumers.
- 15. the right to vote in political elections.
- 16. the development of industries in a country or region on a wide scale.
- 18. the action of annexing something, especially territory.
- 20. a policy of remaining apart from the affairs or interests of other groups, especially the political affairs of other countries.
- 22. a general vote by the electorate on a single political question which has been referred to them for a direct decision.
- 23. the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.
- 24. the ability to assess and initiate things independently.
- 1. the action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country.
- 2. the policy of territorial or economic expansion.
- 3. make changes in (something, typically a social, political, or economic institution or practice) in order to improve it.
- 4. administrative decisions that are directly related to all issues and activity within a nation's borders.
- 6. the action or faculty of remembering something learned or experienced.
- 7. a government's strategy in dealing with other nations.
- 9. a person who supports or believes in the principles of communism.
- 10. the process of making an area more urban.
- 11. unusual; not typical.
- 12. reform-minded journalists in the Progressive Era in the United States (1890s–1920s) who exposed established institutions and leaders as corrupt. They typically had large audiences in popular magazines.
- 17. movement of people to a new area or country in order to find work or better living conditions.
- 19. take in (information, ideas, or culture) and understand fully.
- 21. the quality or condition of being modern.