Water Words Crossword Puzzle
- 2. The name for water that flows over land as surface water to reach streams, rivers, sewers, lakes, and oceans.
- 6. A garden designed to catch and clean polluted stormwater before it gets into our sewers, rivers, or streams.
- 8. An underground pipe that carries wastewater and/or stormwater.
- 11. A region where all the water flows over land to the same end location.
- 12. A general term for many different forms of water that fall from the sky. Examples include rain, snow, sleet, and hail.
- 13. Turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth is an example of this.
- 16. A word used to describe a hard surface that does not allow water to soak in or pass through. Example surfaces include roofs, roads, parking lots, and sidewalks.
- 1. An opening constructed in streets or parking lots to carry stormwater down to the sewer.
- 3. The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority pumps raw water from this river to treat into drinking water.
- 4. A word used to describe a surface that allows water to soak in or pass through, like water trickling through a sponge. Example surfaces include fields, gardens, and forest floors.
- 5. The name for harmful pollutants in our rivers, streams, and lakes.
- 7. A building roof designed to catch and clean rainwater with plants and soil.
- 9. The name for water from rain or melting snow.
- 10. The process that naturally recycles water as it changes from solid to liquid to gas.
- 14. The wearing away of rock and dirt by wind and water.
- 15. Water that has been used in homes and businesses and must be cleaned before it is released back into the environment.