- 3. low pressure systems rotate this direction in northern hemisphere
- 8. an air system that pulls warm humid air up from lower altitudes to higher altitudes often brings cooler and/or stormy conditions
- 13. the barometric pressure at sea-level which is 1013.25millibar
- 17. the movement of substances going from areas of higher concentration to areas of lower concentration
- 18. an air-mass that forms over water characteristically humid
- 21. an air-mass that forms over land, typically dry
- 1. the air we breathe is primarily made of this gas
- 2. the ratio of a substance’s mass to its volume.
- 3. the deflection of high pressure air as it meets low pressured air due to the planet’s rotation
- 4. air systems that descend from the upper atmosphere to the ground displacing clouds bringing warm sunny conditions
- 5. the measure of thermal energy
- 6. low pressure systems rotate this direction in the southern hemisphere
- 7. an air-mass that forms over the tropics, typically hot
- 9. = the amount of atomic/molecular motion within a substance.
- 10. the rotation of high pressure systems
- 11. this instrument is used to measure atmospheric pressure
- 12. an air-mass which formed over a polar region
- 14. when water vapor condenses within clouds and falls toward the ground in the form of rain, snow, sleet or hail.
- 15. a unit used to measure barometric pressure
- 16. a tool used to visually display bands of similar temperature
- 19. lines on a meteorological map which denote barometric pressure zones
- 20. typically, isobar lines are drawn in multiples of _______
- 22. the driving