Weather and Climate Crossword
- 5. clouds that develop as a consequence of the updraft in convection currents; they resemble huge puffs of cotton floating in the sky
- 6. Weather _____ is the prediction of what the atmosphere will be like in a particular place by using technology and scientific knowledge to make weather observations.
- 10. Climate _____ is a long term change in the earth’s climate, especially a change due to an increase in average atmospheric temperature.
- 11. A _____ is a long-term movement in a series of data points.
- 12. low clouds that occur as a uniform gray layer stretching from horizon to horizon; they may produce drizzle, and where they intersect the ground, they are classified as fog
- 13. _____ study graphs to identify trends in weather patterns.
- 15. _____ Meteorologist is an individual that studies optical, electrical, acoustical and thermodynamic phenomena in the atmosphere, including the physics of clouds and precipitation.
- 1. _____ use symbols on surface weather maps to convey information about weather observations at a particular time.
- 2. _____ Meteorologist is an individual that studies more specific areas of weather like severe weather or climate change.
- 3. _____ Katrina first made landfall in Louisiana on August 29, 2005, as a Category 3 storm.
- 4. _____ Climatology is the study of climate as to its effect on crops.
- 7. _____ generally refers to conditions that span months, years, or even decades.
- 8. Remote _____ is the collection of information about an object without being in direct physical contact with it, gathering data with radar or infrared photography.
- 9. high thin cloud occurring as silky strands and composed of ice crystals
- 13. _____ can indicate good weather or bad weather, can offer relief from direct sunlight, and even provide precipitation.
- 14. _____ generally describes the atmosphere during short time frames like hours or days.