- 2. cause rocks to be rounded and smooth when tumbled.
- 6. lifts and carries small particles in the air that blast away at surfaces and slowly wears them away.
- 7. Changes, Repeated temp changes can weaken the structure and cause rock and crumble.
- 8. Precipitation, When fossil fuel burn other chemicals combine with water in the Atmosphere.
- 10. Outer layers of rocks slowly peel away because of pressure change.
- 12. Wedging, Water seeps into cracks in a rock and freezes which expands the cracks in the rock.
- 13. Things, Moss often grows on Rocks they produce weak acids and deeper the acids go into the rocks cracks start to form and eventually break.
- 15. Moves through spaces or cracks in rocks acids in water can cause rocks to dissolve.
- 17. Breaking down and wearing away rock materials by mechanical action of other Rocks
- 18. the reddish orange result from iron in rocks and soils combine with oxygen that is dissolved in water.
- 1. Change, As overlaying materials are removed above the rock __________ decrease. As a result the rocks expand causing the outermost layers of rock to separate from the underlying layers.
- 3. found on the ceilings of caves formed dissolved chemicals that are deposited by dripping water.
- 4. Weathering, Breakdown of Rocks by Chemical reactions.
- 5. Found on the ground of caves formed dissolved chemicals that are deposited by dripping water.
- 6. Breakdown of rock Material by physical and chemical processes.
- 8. Animals dig burrows into the ground causing more rock to be exposed.
- 9. growth, cause cracks in sidewalks.
- 11. Weathering, Rocks break down into smaller pieces by physical changes.
- 14. Cause rocks to be broken in a landslide.
- 16. The process when other chemicals mix with oxygen.
- 17. Created when chemicals combine with water in the air.