Test your salmon knowledge!
- 1. The longest river in B.C.
- 6. This term describes fish, like salmon, who travel from the sea to freshwater to spawn.
- 9. The salmon ear bone, used by scientists to assess a salmon's age.
- 10. The smallest type of salmon.
- 11. Juvenile salmon that is ready to head from fresh water out to sea.
- 12. The tiny larvae that hatch from salmon eggs, also known as sac fry.
- 13. Another name for B.C. chinook salmon over 30 lbs.
- 2. A salmon nest.
- 3. In the Columbia River watershed, large Chinook were once referred to as ---- ----. (2 words)
- 4. Chum salmon are also known as --- salmon.
- 5. Another name for pink salmon (pl).
- 7. The name given to land-locked sockeye salmon.
- 8. The largest type of salmon.