Dawndinos Website Crossword
- 3. Digital method that has recently become valuable for calculating the biomechanics of movement in animals: Computer _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- 4. The famous group of archosaurs, which flourished in the Jurassic-Cretaceous, that includes birds.
- 6. The method that allows us to measure when the muscles of experimental animals are active; switched on by the nervous system.
- 9. The aetosaur that the DAWNDINOS project is using; an earlier relative of Typothorax.
- 11. Country that the extinct crocodile-relative Gracilisuchus stipanicicorum is known from.
- 12. Living crocodiles can use this unusual ‘mammal-like’ mode of locomotion on land.
- 13. The time period during which the diversity of pseudosuchians was higher than that of ornithodirans.
- 15. Ancestral archosaurs had this common limb posture.
- 16. Biplanar fluoroscopy or ‘x-ray video’.
- 18. The Newtonian physics of organisms.
- 19. Hypothesis proposed many years ago to explain what made dinosaurs distinct from other Triassic species of archosaurs, which is being tested by the Dawndinos team (2 words)
- 21. Original creation that attempts to reconstruct or depict prehistoric life according to current knowledge and scientific evidence.
- 22. The name of the super-continent which started to break apart during the Triassic.
- 23. A method to digitize bones – or any other physical object – into a 3D graphical image using a set of 2D digital pictures from a camera.
- 24. The name of the living archosaur that the DAWNDINOS team are studying which most closely matches the anatomy and behaviour of the most recent common ancestor of birds.
- 25. Cousin to the Ornithodira (‘bird-necked’) archosaurs.
- 1. Geological period of the end of the Palaeozoic era.
- 2. What the "CT" in "CT scanning" stands for (2 words)
- 5. A pseudosuchian with a unique “crocodile-reversed” ankle joint that was suggested to move bipedally.
- 7. An early dinosaur that seems to have shifted from walking on four legs to two legs as it grew up from a hatching to an adult.
- 8. Measures the forces that the limbs apply to the ground during standing and moving.
- 10. An early ornithischian dinosaur with an unusual dentition composed of a beak and teeth separated by a diastema.
- 14. A term referring to an animal whose anatomy is adapted to support its own massive body weight.
- 17. The trigger of the Permo-Triassic mass extinction (2 words)
- 20. The DAWNDINOS project is funded by this EU council (acronym).