Ancient Egypt - Life, Death and the Afterlife
- 3. A huge tomb built during the early years of the ancient Egyptian civilisation
- 5. Hatshepsut wore a false _____ to emphasise her power as pharaoh.
- 6. The whip-like object seen as a symbol of the pharaoh’s power
- 7. The pharaoh was often depicted with a shepherd’s ______ to show his care for his people.
- 8. The name given to an ancient Egyptian god-king
- 12. Another word for “god” or “goddess”
- 13. The ancient Egyptians wanted to ______ bodies so that they could later be reunited with their spirits.
- 1. A person or official who was educated in writing Egyptian hieroglyphics
- 2. Another word for social structure
- 4. The fertile soil deposited by the flooding Nile River
- 6. An easier word for “inundation”
- 8. An ancient Egyptian form of paper
- 9. The jackal-headed god of death and mummification
- 10. A king or queen who rules for many years has a long _____.
- 11. The ancient Egyptians viewed the afterlife as a Field of _____ where there would be no pain and suffering,but work would still be necessary.
- 14. The Egyptians had not one but _____ gods.