- 2. / a quick sketch
- 4. / a piece of this cloth used by artists for painting on, usually with oil paints, or the painting itself.
- 6. in / to plan something large or complicated by organizing your general ideas for it
- 8. colours / one of the colours red, blue, or yellow that are combined to make other colours, such as orange and green
- 11. / representation by drawing or painting etc
- 13. / the strength of something that can be measured such as light, sound, etc
- 1. / a stick of this rock or a similar substance used for writing or drawing
- 2. / to arrange something or a collection of things so that it can be seen by the public
- 3. / a degree of a colour
- 5. day / a day before the opening of an exhibition of paintings reserved for the painters put on finishing touches
- 7. / degree of difference from the gray having the same lightness
- 9. / a wooden frame, usually with legs, that holds a picture
- 10. / a liquid in which solids will dissolve
- 12. / an early 20th-century style and movement in art, especially painting, in which perspective with a single viewpoint was abandoned and use was made of simple geometric shapes, interlocking planes, and, later, collage.
- 13. / a liquid or paste that contains pigments or dyes and is used to color a surface to produce an image, text, or design.