- 4. A(n) _____ is a comparison between an unknown quantity and a standard.
- 5. On a graph, the _____ is the line drawn as close as possible to all of the data points.
- 6. An explanation that is based on prior scientific research or observations and that can be tested
- 14. The _____ is the factor that is changed or manipulated during an experiment and graphed on the x-axis.
- 15. A description of how close a measurement is to the correct or accepted value of the quantity measured.
- 16. An experiment that tests only one factor at a time by using a comparison of a control group with an experimental group.
- 1. Those digits in a measurement that are known with certainty plus the first digit that is uncertain.
- 2. The study of matter and energy is _____.
- 3. A mathematical problem-solving method that utilizes conversion factors and treats units as algebraic quantities, which can be cancelled, is called _____.
- 7. A parabolic relationship that results when one variable depends on the square of another variable.
- 8. A straight line on a graph showing the relationship between two variables.
- 9. The degree of exactness of a measurement.
- 10. A pattern, plan, representation, or description designed to show the structure or workings of an object, system, or concept
- 11. A set of particles or interacting components considered to be a distinct physical entity for the purpose of study.
- 12. A hyperbolic relationship that exists when one variable decreases as the other variable increases.
- 13. The factor in an experiment that depends on the independent variable and graphed on the y-axis.