Chapter 6-10: Grammar Review
- 1. Not all ______ end with –ly. Some are special like: fast, hard,well…
- 7. A word can have different ______ _______. (Eg: Work can be verb. Work can also be noun)
- 8. Some nouns look like plural but take __________ verbs. (Eg: Mathematics is super hard for me.)
- 10. Preposition + Objects = ___________ ___________.
- 14. Verbs with –ing at the end are called __________.
- 16. “His hobby is playing basketball.” The gerund in this sentence functions as a(n) ________.
- 17. “I put the clock 5 minutes forward to make sure I’m always early.” The infinitive in this sentence is to show a(n) _________.
- 19. To make a strong guess with clues that something happened in the past, you can use modal “_______ ________ + V3/PP”
- 20. Sometimes subjects are ______ from their verbs. (Eg: The girl who met Peter yesterday talked to me about him.)
- 2. To describe something you did, and you now wish that you didn’t do, you can use modal “______ ______ + V3/PP”
- 3. Some idiomatic prepositional phrases must be ___________. (Eg: in a hurry, in danger, at work, at school ….)
- 4. Words ending with –al, -ive, -ative, -able are most likely to be __________.
- 5. Modals can have a _____ word or more than one words together (Eg: should, have to, had better, would rather…)
- 6. Prepositions can be put into 3 different categories : time, ________ and direction.
- 9. After a modal verb, all verbs are in their __________ forms.
- 11. “May I go out?” Modal “may” in this sentence shows a __________.
- 12. This is an adjective of "harm"
- 13. “Talking to your friends in class is not nice.” The gerund here functions as a(n) ________.
- 15. A subject must agree with its verbs in __________. (Eg: singular,plural)
- 18. Nouns ending with –er, -ant, -or, -ary, -ist are most likely about__________.