1. A medical administrative assistant should schedule a patient who has type 1 diabetes mellitus to see which of the following specialists?
3. When reviewing patients' medical records, a medical administrative assistant should recall that which of the following prefixes indicates excessive or above the expected range?
5. a returning patient is considered a new patient after how much time has elapsed without seeing the provider?
7. Which of the following file formats should the medical administrative assistant use to create a letter to a referring provider?
8. A medical administrative assistant is scheduling a patient who is gravida 3 for a biopsy. Which of the following is a characteristic of this patient?
9. Which of the following determines the fee schedule?
11. A medical administrative assistant can find which of the following information on a medical history form?
14. a medical administrative assistant plans to develop a document for tracking and tallying supplies, including product names, product codes, last order date, and pricing. which of the following types of files should the assistant plan to use?
16. a provider refers a patient for an evaluation of an elevated WBC count. which of the following specialists should the medical administrative assistant contact for an appointment?
17. A medical administrative assistant is scheduling an appointment for a patient who reports having blue and gray fingers and toes. Which of the following medical describes the patient's condition?
18. a patient who is scheduled for an outpatient procedure has questions about the potential complications of the surgery. To which of the following staff members should the medical administrative assistant refer to the patient?
2. When payments are due to a practice from a minor, the medical administrative assistant should collect the amount due from which of the following?
4. Which of the following is the predetermined amount a patient must pay out of pocket each year before the insurance carrier will cover any services
5. hours a medical administrative assistant should inform a patient to expect to receive authorization for an urgent referral to a specialist within which of the following time frames?
6. a patient is scheduled to have a pericardiocentesis. which of the following systems will be assessed during this procedure?
10. Which of the following is the owner of a patient's medical record?
11. A medical administrative assistant should pay for which of the following using petty cash?
12. an adult patient returns to an office after not being seen by the provider for 2 years. which of the following is the status of the patients file?
13. The Bloodborne Pathogens Standard falls under which of the following regulatory agencies?
15. When releasing confidential information, which person has the right to decide how and to whom the information is communicated?
17. which of the following references should be used to determine the code for a patient consultation?