- 4. ____ is an attempt by cybercriminals posing as legitimate institutions, usually via email, to obtain sensitive information from targeted individuals.
- 5. ____ computing uses 1 processor.
- 6. A ____ attack is spamming a web server with so many requests so close together that it crashes.
- 8. The digital ____is a gap between those who have access to new technology and those who do not.
- 9. ____ is any program code that explicitly attempts to bypass appropriate authorization safeguards and/or perform unauthorized functions.
- 10. DNS ____ is when a hacker pretends to be a DNS server and feeds your computer the wrong IP Address for a given website, sending you to a false website.
- 1. ____ guessing is an attempt to gain access to a computer system by methodically trying to determine a user’s password
- 2. A ___ is information stored on your computer by a website you visit. They often store your settings for a website, such as your login status and preferred language or location.
- 3. Multi-factor _____ is an authentication method that requires the user to provide two or more verification factors to gain access.
- 4. ____ computing uses multiple processors.
- 7. A type of spyware that records every keystroke (and sometimes also mouse movements) made by a computer user in order to gain access to passwords and other confidential info