- 1. these replicate themselves but do not attach themselves to files as a virus does.
- 7. a cyberattack in which multiple devices make a network resource unavailable to its intended users.
- 9. software that is designed to gain access to your computer with bad intent.
- 11. the term for when human users of a system are tricked into providing confidential information
- 12. a large collection of malware-infected devices
- 2. hackers who use tools downloaded from the internet that allow them to hack with little technical knowledge.
- 3. a key to a website or account.
- 4. unwanted software that monitors and gathers information on a person and how they use their computer.
- 5. can be a worm, virus, or Trojan. It infects a computer and causes it to download or display malicious adverts or pop-ups when the victim is online.
- 6. a piece of software that appears to perform a useful function, but it also performs malicious actions.
- 8. self replicating software.
- 10. Something that checks incoming and outgoing network traffic.