- 3. it’s when a hacker changes the IP address of an email so that it seems to come from a trusted source.
- 4. A wiper is a type of malware with a single purpose: to erase user data and ensure it can’t be recovered.
- 7. While someone is tricked into clicking on one object on a web page when they want to click on another, this practice is known as clickjacking.
- 9. A rootkit is software that gives malicious actors remote control of a victim’s computer with full administrative privileges.
- 10. A form of malware used by hackers to spy on you and your computer activities.
- 1. a wide variety of bad software used to infect and/or damage a system, most often delivered via spam emails.
- 2. Worms target vulnerabilities in operating systems to install themselves into networks.
- 5. A scam where a hacker poses as a legitimate business or organization (especially credit card companies, banks, charities, Internet providers, other utilities) in order to fool the victim
- 6. it kidnaps your computer and holds it for ransom, hence the clever name.
- 8. disguises itself as desirable code