- 1. used to show that something is almost, but not completely, accurate or exact; roughly.
- 4. (especially with reference to a country with separate areas of government) the action or state of dividing or being divided into parts.
- 7. relating to or denoting a system of numbers and arithmetic based on the number ten, tenth parts, and powers of ten.
- 8. a rough calculation of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something.
- 10. the basis of our entire number system.
- 13. a number which is not a fraction; a whole number.
- 14. a figure, symbol, or group of figures or symbols denoting a number.
- 15. alter (a number) to one less exact but more convenient for calculations.
- 2. the action of speaking or acting on behalf of someone or the state of being so represented.
- 3. estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.
- 5. a particular order in which related things follow each other.
- 6. any of the numerals from 0 to 9, especially when forming part of a number.
- 9. a number which is not a fraction; a whole number.
- 11. come close or be similar to something in quality, nature, or quantity.
- 12. a circumstance, fact, or influence that contributes to a result.