English Plus Episode 644 Vocabulary Building | In Search of A Common Language
- 2. You use ______ to emphasize that something is very great or intense.
- 4. A ______ of people or things is a great number of them.
- 5. A ______ is someone who has been doing a job or other activity for only a short time and so is not experienced at it.
- 6. The ______s of a theory or belief are the main principles on which it is based.
- 8. Nascent things or processes are just beginning, and are expected to become stronger or to grow bigger.
- 9. To ______ an action or process, especially one that you would like to happen, means to make it easier or more likely to happen.
- 1. To ______ something such as an activity or idea means to help it to develop.
- 2. Something that is ______ is dull and uninteresting.
- 3. Something bad that is ______ never stops or never becomes less intense.
- 7. Syntax is the ways that words can be put together, or are put together, in order to make sentences.