Exploring Ag Terms sheet Created by: Peyton Bankenbush
- 3. Resources - an aspect of water conservation and management.
- 5. - Basic science of the plant and the animal kingdoms.
- 6. - all jobs relating in some way to plants, animals, and renewable natural resources. Also, the application of scientific principles and new technologies to agriculture.
- 8. science of fruits, vegetables, and ornamental plants.
- 10. - science dealing with the characteristics of elements or simple substances.
- 11. natural resources - resources provided by nature that can replace themselves.
- 13. - Management of the characteristics transmitted from one generation to another.
- 14. - Science of soils and field crops.
- 16. - application of science to an industrial or commercial objective. Also, the equipment, and expertise to cultivate, harvest, store, process, and transport crops for consumption.
- 17. - the turf grass plant and soil immediately below it; also grass used for decorative or soil holding purposes.
- 20. - Commercial firms that have developed with or stems out of agriculture.
- 21. Pest Management- pest control program based on multiple control practices.
- 22. Food - Food that has been grown without the use of certain chemical pesticides.
- 1. - activities concerned with the production of plants and animals, and the related supplies, services, mechanics, products, processing, and marketing.
- 2. - space and mass around me.
- 4. - the science of producing, processing and marketing fruits, vegetables, and ornamental plants
- 7. Technology - use of electronics and ultra modern equipment to perform tasks and control machinery and processes.
- 9. Education- teaching and program management in agriculture.
- 12. - Science of science life.
- 13. - chemistry as it applies to living matter.
- 15. - raising of finfish, shellfish, and other aquatic animals under controlled condition. Also, the management of the aquatic environment for production of plants and animals.
- 18. Science - Animal growth, care, and management.
- 19. Science- study of the properties, and management of soil to grow plants.
- 23. Science - Use of Modern principles in growing and managing crops.