- 4. a corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, especially in certain African and Caribbean religions.
- 5. a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility.
- 7. a feeling of deep distress caused by loss, disappointment, or other misfortune suffered by oneself or others.
- 8. a small room in which a prisoner is locked up or in which a monk or nun sleeps.
- 10. causing repulsion or horror; grisly.
- 12. a large building, typically of the medieval period, fortified against attack with thick walls, battlements, towers, and in many cases a moat.
- 1. an evil spirit or devil, especially one thought to possess a person or act as a tormentor in hell.
- 2. an animal, especially a large or dangerous four-footed one.
- 3. ghoulish mask"
- 6. resembling or characteristic of a ghoul.
- 9. in European folklore) a corpse supposed to leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living
- 11. an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm.