Halloween History and Fun Facts
- 4. The movie Halloween (1978) used a ______________ mask painted white for the character Michael Myers.
- 5. Jack-O-Lanterns come from the ________ legend of Stingy Jack.
- 7. Dressing up in costumes was once a way to hide from _____________.
- 8. A precursor to trick-or-treating, this custom in medieval England involved young people wearing masks and costumes and asking for food and money in exchange for poems, songs, and other tricks
- 9. Before pumpkins, people carved ___________.
- 11. This celebration akes place 10/31-12/2 in Mexico and other Hispanic countries and honors loved ones who have died.
- 14. The Village Halloween parade in _______________ is the largest Halloween parade in the United States, drawing over 2 million spectators.
- 16. This is banned in Hollywood on Halloween.
- 17. What is Eloise Kramer dressing up as for Halloween this year?
- 1. Candy wasn’t given out to trick-or-treaters until this decade (the last box is an s and the first 4 are numbers)
- 2. Halloween originated with the ancient Celtic festival of ________________.
- 3. This is the most popular chocolate halloween candy.
- 6. This is the word for the fear of Halloween.
- 10. This is the most popular non-chocolate halloween candy.
- 12. In what state is it illegal to dress up as a nun or priest for Halloween.
- 13. This was originally called Chicken Feed.
- 15. The most popular halloween costume is ___________.