4. Borders Egypt, Chad, and Ethiopia. Northern Africa
6. The action of clearing a large area of trees.
8. This country touches the Indian Ocean and borders Tanzania and Somalia.
11. What is the cause of desertification
12. What are the effects of water pollution/contamination.
18. Home to the Nile, borders Libya and Sudan, Northern Africa
20. what is sudan's govt type?
22. Pollution The contamination of water bodies.
23. What is the cause of deforestation
25. In South Africa, the President is elected by members of the National Assembly who are elected by the citizens. This means that South Africa has WHICH type of government?
27. This is a person who takes the risk of a new business enterprise.
34. This is the longest river in Africa and was the cradle of the ancient Egyptian kingdoms.
35. This river, also known as the Zaire River, is nearly 3,000 miles long, making it the second longest in Africa.
36. where do the bantu live?
38. This lake, in Africa, is named after a queen.
40. Through late-2011, Libya's government was often called a "state of the masses," but in reality it was led by Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi. This means that the government was mostly based on____?
41. This is equipment and factories used in the production of goods and services.
42. This is a type of protectionist trade restriction that sets a physical limit on the quantity of a good that can be imported into a country in a given period of time.
44. This is a tax on imported goods and is usually designed to protect domestic production of similar goods.
46. A particular are which someone consecrates on or is an expert in
47. This is a volcanic mountain in N Tanzania and is the highest peak in Africa.
49. The total value of all the goods and services produced within a country in a given year
52. This west African country has the greatest population on the entire continent and is also a member of OPEC.
53. This is the name for an ecosystem that is characterized by wide, expansive grasslands and sparse amount of trees.
54. This semi-arid tropical region runs from the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea and is the southern border of the Sahara Desert.
57. A market where buyers and sellers have the right to sell and buy by their own preference or refuse to if they so choose
59. Certificate of ownership in a company which entitles the shareholder to vote for the board of directors of the corporation.
1. This is the term that is used to describe the percentage of people in a country who have the ability to read and write.
2. who was elected for president after being in jail for 27 years
3. What are some solutions for water pollution
4. of living This is the term used to describe the general way in which people live, focusing primarily on things like average income, health care availability, life expectancy, educational attainment, etc.
5. share many common characteristics, such as language, physical features, customs and traditions
7. Although this nation has made great progress in protecting the personal freedoms of its citizens since apartheid ended here in 1994, many people still live in poverty and the nation is faced with crime, corruption, and an HIV/AIDS epidemic.Which country is being described?
9. This desert is found in the northern part of Africa and covers 3.5 million square miles.
10. live in North Africa along the Mediterranean coast, most of this ethnic group practices Islam
13. nat gj
14. live on the east-African coast and practice Islam and traditional beliefs
15. what is south africa's govt type?
16. This desert is found in southwestern Africa and extends approximately 360,000 square miles in to Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa.
17. This continent is the second-largest. It is widely regarded as the birthplace of man because the oldest human bones on record have been found there.
19. This is the name given to the geological formation that stretches from east Africa to the Red Sea and beyond into Southwest Asia.
21. In the center of Africa, home to Congo River, landlocked
24. This is the process of prohibiting commerce and trade with another country. This is often done to affect the country to change an internal policy.
25. to strengthen bonds of solidarity between all people of African descent
26. they practice a Muslim culture and are linked to the Middle East
28. the process by which land becomes desert.
29. president of south Africa brought the apartheid system of racial segregation to an end
30. the ability to read and write
31. leaders realized the policy was hurting the country's economy
32. after four years of negotiation, an act of the British Parliament (South Africa Act 1909) granted nominal independence, while creating the Union of South Africa on 31 May 1910.
33. is a political movement for the unification of Africa and for national self-determination
37. most live in Ghana, have a mainly traditional, spiritual, supernatural religion and are linked to ancestors, some are Christian
39. This is the way in which a society deals with the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
43. This mountain range runs from Morocco to Tunisia in Northern Africa, running approximately 1,500 miles.
45. share a common belief system
48. The government of Kenya and South Africa could BOTH be described as
50. This river is found in western Africa and runs from Guinea to Nigeria.
51. Something that stops or slows down trade
55. which gender has a higher literacy rate than the other
56. This is a process, invention or method to interact with society, the environment or material objects.
58. Kenyan citizens elect members of the national legislature to make the laws of the country, which means the country has what type of government?